Saturday 28 March 2015

Retirement = New Life = Budget

Since our retirement late last year we immediately needed to watch every cent and every dollar.
This has led to an extensive budgeting system and also working out ways to save save save on every day living and facing "the living on the age pension challenge".

My system is not at all sophisticated or hard, I have just written down all expenses and then record all bank balances as well as spending.

                                 

I have found the trick to making this work for me is to update and check my folder everyday, and asking my husband to always give me receipts after any purchases he makes helps too.
If he forgets, I don't "balance" so its then easy to trace back and work out where the money has gone.

The hardest part of keeping to the budget so far has been the food and housekeeping allowance.
As we have 2 of our adult children living at home this has been hard to get right...
I started with $200 per fortnight but have found I'm spending around $250. Considering this includes all bathroom, cleaning products and random odd extras I didn't think this was too bad!

I then started reading blogs about how others do it and am totally in awe.

a couple are - My Abundant Life
                    - Debt Free, Cashed up & Laughing

Thank you ladies I will follow your blogs and try to learn some good budgeting tricks.

#livingonapension #budgettingforseniors #retirementbudget





No comments:

Post a Comment