Monday 8 April 2019

Low Carbing

It all started with going to Coles to buy peanut butter as I'd run out of the sugar free variety and while browsing, saw this and thought, yes lets try it.




I have been playing with the low carb lifestyle for three to four year now and often find having snack food on hand can be difficult.
Well, nutty butter is great, but I did need something to have it with...I could eat it straight from jar!
I needed crackers so Googled recipes and came up with a few that looked great. These are made from ingredients that I had in my pantry and are a bit of a compilation of those I found online.

My Crackers     Made 10

75 grams LSA meal (Linseed, Sunflower & Almond)
25 grams Coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tbsp whipping cream



It was a fairly thick and sticky mixture


I rolled it into balls with wet hands


I flattened the balls using the base of a wet glass
and baked them at 180' for 15 minutes


Next time I make these I'll make them smaller, thinner and
try leaving the baking powder out completely. 
I'd probably cook them for longer too, so they would be more
"Cracker Like" and less cakey


Final verdict...delicious
and the best thing was that just 1 was really satisfying.


No comments:

Post a Comment