Tuesday 9 April 2019

Low Carb Pumpkin Lasagne

I'm always looking for meals to feed the family that are easy to make, delicious and of course low carb. This worked well, took a little longer than expected to fully cook the pumpkin.
Bonus was enough left over for lunch the next day.


I started with the usual Bol sauce with lots of garlic, herbs and tomatoes.
It was nice and thick, I was thinking (correctly) 
that it would make a better lasagne layer.


A little sauce then layer of thinly peeled and sliced
pumpkin.



Now for the cheese layer...
200gms Ricotta
75gms Mozzarella 
2 eggs
enough whipping cream to make sauce. 


You know what to do now...
layer upon layer
I did 3.


Top with more grated Mozzarella 
and I added some finely grated Parmesan.

Now bake covered with foil for about an hour
uncover, bake a further 10 mins until golden.



No comments:

Post a Comment